Saturday, October 23, 2010

Return of the White Hawk

leucistic red-tailed hawk
White Hawk
White Hawk

Last winter we observed a white hawk, actually a leucistic red-tailed hawk, on Rutgers Busch campus. Mike spotted him again while driving to work about a week ago. We've both been on the lookout when driving in the area. Today since the weather was nice and we wanted to get outside, we did a drive by of the area and found him. We parked and were able to watch him from a distance for a while. We also wandered around the area after he flew away but didn't get any pictures of the few birds we found.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow!!!! What great shots. Now I'm going to have to start spending alot more time in the area. Hope my job will be understanding!! :-)

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see this beautiful raptor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw him last year and saw him again today while out walking my dog near Johnson Park. I get so excited every time I see him!

    ReplyDelete