Friday, July 17, 2009

Photo from Amy in Ringwood, NJ

 


Honestly, I am not sure if it is a falcon or a young hawk (if you could help me out, that would be great!)

For the past few weeks, my dad and brother and I have been hearing the calls of falcons (which is what we have been assuming) and even last week one was perched right on our deck. Then last night when I went to put out the garbage and my dog started growling at something on the ground, I saw the bird just staring back at me. We don't know how it got injured but I called Animal Control and a woman came to take it to a shelter. She said it didn't seem too bad, but it will have to be checked out and eventually (hopefully) released. I've included a few photos.

I feel bad now though since I keep hearing the other birds calling for the missing one - I even saw one falcon today sitting around the spot that I found the injured bird :( We'll see how things work out.

~Amy
Ringwood, NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment